Import an animation from another software
You can create or edit animations in a different software and import them into Doodle Studio as sprite sheets.
If the texture is imported as a series of Sprites where each sprite is a different frame, you can convert it to a Doodle Animation File.
(skip to step 7 if you already have imported each frame as a Sprite)
Convert a texture into a series of Sprites
- Click the texture in the Project window and set the import settings as follows:
- Texture Type to “Sprite (2D and UI)”
- Sprite Mode to “Multiple”
- Open the Sprite Editor
- Click on Slice, at the top left corner of the sprite editor
- Set Type to Grid By Cell Count, and set the Column and Row fields to how many frames per column and per row your sprite sheet has
- Click Slice
- Close the Sprite Editor and hit Apply Now your texture should have one sprite per frame, we can convert it to a doodle animation file:
Convert to a Doodle Animation File
Right click your texture it in the Project window and select Doodle Studio 95 > Convert to Animation File.
Now your animation can be edited and used with Doodle Studio!